Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Roses

Today I think the temperatures in my office have been consistently below zero. My teeth have been chattering all morning long. (Well, not quite . . . but it’s more fun to imagine that they were.) ;-) To warm up, I walked over to the World Peace Rose Garden during my lunch break. (If I’d had a blanket with me, I would have laid down on the capitol lawn and taken a nap underneath the warmth of the sun.) Despite the fact that the rose garden has been made into a politically correct, anti-war showcase, it really is beautiful. It’s amazing how many different types of roses exist in this world. All kinds of shapes, sizes, and colors. Some of them don’t even look like roses. This makes me wonder what exactly constitutes a rose. Hmmm. I’ll have to look into that.

As I basked in the warm rays, I thanked God for sunshine and flowers.

No comments: