Monday, February 27, 2006

My Medicine Man

One of the many reasons I’m glad I married Kevin is because he knows a lot about medicine and what types of medicines do what types of things to your body. This is probably because his mom is an RN and he paid attention to what she said growing up.

I’m pretty much clueless when it comes to medicine. I have no idea what the difference is between aspirin, Tylenol, and ibuprofen. The differences have been explained to me before but I always forget what they are.

Here is a fairly typical conversation we had over the weekend.

A: I have a sore throat.
K: I’ll get you medicine. What do you need?
A: Benadryl.
K: What? Why do you need that?
A: Because I want to sleep tonight.
K: Are you going to have trouble sleeping tonight?
A: No. I probably don’t need Benadryl then, huh?
K: No. Do you feel like you have drainage?
A: Yes.
K: I think you need Chlor-Trimeton. [Goes to cupboard to look for it.]
A: Kevin, you’re my medicine man.
K: Do we have any Chlor-Trimeton?
A: Uh. I think we ran out a while ago.
K: Why didn’t we buy more?
A: ‘Cuz I forgot.
K: [Pauses for a second.] You know, I think I have some in my car.
A: WHAT?? You have some in your car?! Who the heck carries Chlor-Trimeton in their car but you?
K: [Goes to car and comes back with CT, hands it to Amy.]
A: You’re probably the only person in the world who carries spare Chlor-Trimeton in their car. I think you’re wonderful.
K: You think I’m a nerd.
A: Yes, but you’re a wonderful nerd.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're both nerds.

JoMama said...

Kevin has a reputation around Roseville for being a major smack dealer. How else do you think Kevinicus and Aminicus support their lavish lifestyle and fancy pants house on the golf course?

Anonymous said...

In writing, false, crime, libel.

Janice Phillips said...

Mmmm...Grapefruit Airborne is down right yummy. And great for allergy symtoms, too. Feel better soon, AK.

Anonymous said...

You know what else helps a ton? Peroxide! Filling each ear for ten minutes does wonders. Super uncomfortable, but very much worth it. Hope you feel better very soon, Amy!