Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I tried but, alas, I couldn't.

For quite a few years now I've prided myself on the fact that I've been able to resist TV show addictions. Maybe it's because I never started watching them to begin with and so it was easy.

Then my friend Meredith Turney came to visit and told me I should watch a show called Grey's Anatomy because the lead character is a girl named Meredith. And so, to be a nice friend, I agreed to watch one episode.

Of course, there was a cliff-hanger at the end. And this made me want to tune-in again last Sunday night. And of course, there was a cliff-hanger at the end of THAT episode. So, now I want to tune-in next week.

Argh! It's such a vicious cycle and I cannot believe I have succumbed.

6 comments:

JoMama said...

I only liked Brokeback Mountain because Matt had a small but important role as "Gay Guy #1"

As far as TV shows go, The Office takes the cake.

Amy K said...

You guys crack me up. I probably shouldn't feed your egos like this but I think some people only read my blog to see if you've commented something.

Alaina said...

Hey Amy, I also love Grey's Anatomy. One of my secret tv addictions (okay maybe not so secret now :). Oh well...what can I say, we were tv deprived as kids. :) Okay, really that was a good thing.

Anonymous said...

Code Black...nuff said.

Tuckster is the only reason I read this blog. He should get his own blog. Then again, making snide remarks about yourself might seem too narcissistic for even him. Then again, maybe not.

Anonymous said...

Amy better steer clear of "24". We watched the season premiere of that and another show "Surface" and have suffered ever since. Finally last night "Surface" had their season finale... which wasn't so final. Tune in next fall. Blah!

Meredith said...

Yes, Grey's Anatomy is quite addictive. It's too bad that Meredith's character is actually one of the least interesting on the show. (We real-life Merediths are much more interesting!) I think Geroge is the reason I keep tuning in each week. Yes, Family Guy is also highly addictive. I'm such a good friend, getting you addicted to tv!