Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Unlikely Road Trip Reading

On our road trip this past weekend I decided to bring along reading material that I wouldn’t ordinarily pick as my first choice. I grabbed a stack of Kevin’s Invention and Technology magazines to browse in the car.

You know, invention and technology can be a very interesting subject.

I learned all about the history and evolution of the modern toaster. I also read an article on how Pop Tarts were invented. I never realized that it took a whole new type of technology to go from dry-goods to the Pop Tart.

It was a good thing for me to stretch myself this way. Maybe I’ll continue reading more of these magazines in the future. You never know what kinds of remarkable things you can learn.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds extremely interesting! Nathan gets Popular Science, and I love it when he points out cool technology that's in the making.

Kevin said...

Audra,

Yeah, that's how this magazine differs from Popular Science. PS gives the lowdown on the current and up-and-coming technology. This magazine is actually called the "American History of Invention & Technology." So it gives the historical background for technology. It's pretty interesting.

Anonymous said...

That was the most boring post ever.

Anonymous said...

Hey K,

I understood about the historical background from Amy's post, and am intrigued by the mag you subscribe to. I just went off on my own tangent about another science mag. :)

yanmaneee said...

golden gooses
birkin bag
jordan shoes
golden goose outlet
nike air max 90
golden goose sneakers
paul george shoes
air max 97
fila shoes
yeezy boost 350