Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Poem, Compliments, Wigs, etc.

Monday was my birthday. My mom didn’t have time to take my little sister Melissa (age 9) shopping so, instead, my sister wrote a poem to give me as a gift.

I thought it was a “serious” poem, so when I opened it and started reading it, I tried very hard to keep a straight face. Later on I learned that Melissa intended it to be funny. That’s good ‘cuz we all got a nice chuckle.

“FERN”

Fern is lovely,
Fern is funny,
Fern is nice,
Fern has lice.

Then, I opened a gift from my mom. It was a shirt. David (age 11) saw the size on the tag and exclaimed: “You’re a medium?! I didn’t know that. I would have thought you were thinner than that.”

I quickly hugged him and told him that was the nicest thing he could have said to me on my birthday.

Oh, and here is a family photo from the weekend:



Here is baby, drooling and hairy:



Here is the whole gang:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Those wigs are great!!

Happy Birthday too! :)

Carrie said...

Yes, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

LOL on the wigs. The family portrait is HILARIOUS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Meredith looks like a Cabbage patch kid!

quizwedge said...

happy birthday!

Jen said...

Loved the pictures.

And I totally laughed at the "Fern" poem. That is my nickname. Is that your nickname?

Amy K said...

Jen, Yes, I remember Fern is your nickname. :) It's not mine. My sister is just a very random little creature.

AK

Alaina said...

Happy Birthday! A couple days late. :) Love the pics.