Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Dinner in the City

Last night, we had dinner in S.F. Kevin had a business meeting there earlier in the day and he told his boss he would go only if he could take me. After all, it was Valentines Day.

What a guy, eh?

We went to a little bistro near Union Square. The food was great. Later on the waiter told us it was their opening night. No wonder we got in without reservations!

We also walked around the City for a while. It amazed me how many people treat Valentines Day just like any other day. Throughout the evening, there were people walking by themselves, and in groups, looking like they were doing the ordinary things they always do.

If ever you want to see really “wild” people, S.F. is a great place to go!

There was one guy who stood on a street corner with a t.v. strapped around his waist and a big sign that said, “They put [bleep] in meat!”

And that’s how he chose to spend his Valentines Day. Standing on a cold street corner in S.F., declaring to the world the evils of meat; waging his own personal crusade.

After I get some work done here at the hotel, I get to paint the town with Meredith for a while before we have to head home. Yahoo!

6 comments:

JoMama said...

Tuckster: of course there was a treasure hunt, it was Valentines day!

Amy, make sure you post some V-day pics of Kevinicus like you did last year. That was awesome.

Jeanette said...

It may amaze you that there were so many people who weren't doing anything out of the ordinary on Valentine's day, but for the single people of the world, it is, after all, just another day. Not that I'm being overly sensitive - I really didn't mind the passing of another Valentine's Day as a single person, but that's only because I have learned to look at is as day just like any other. How quickly married people forget what it's like to be single.....sigh..:)

Amy K said...

Jeanette, I understand. But I think most people in S.F. must be single and possibly have no family at all!

Anonymous said...

'Cause they're all GAY!!!!!!

the Joneses said...

We actually didn't do anything for Valentine's Day, either. We've declared it an Artificial Holiday that doesn't mean too much to us, and so saved ourselves the trouble. Darren did order me some flowers, but then was home sick that day and we still haven't picked them up.

-- SJ

Tai B. said...

Well, I was also in S.F. on V-Day completely enjoying myself (and my company, of course). You are right - people in S.F. are just on a planet of their own. That is what I love so much about the city.