Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Thus ends my addiction ...

Well, I feel compelled to follow-up on my post awhile ago about Grey’s Anatomy.

It seems that each episode gets a little sluttier. It’s like who’s going to sleep with who next? There’s not many people left to sleep with.

There’s an age-old debate in Christian circles about what is appropriate to watch on TV and what is not.

The line is sometimes fine. On one side of the line, there’s something redeeming in a movie or TV show, despite the filth, that enables me to continue watching it. On the other side of the line, it’s just dirty and anything positive about it is scarce.

I guess everyone has to determine where the “line” is for themselves, with the help of the Holy Spirit.

But in this scenario, when you determine something has crossed the line, you leave a story unfinished. Sigh …

Maybe that's why I should never start watching TV shows.

5 comments:

Alaina said...

I'm going to have to agree on it going downhill...can they make shows that don't focus solely on who sleeps with who?

Jen said...

Amy....you totally said what I thought on Sunday night after watching it. Sad...

Anonymous said...

I'd sugest "24" as it's all about fighting terrorism and there's no time for "who's sleeping with whom" but we're mid-season and it can be a bit intense for some.

JoMama said...

Two words: The Office.

Watch it and love it.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we decided the same thing about GA at right about the same moment. Gotta back up jomama with The Office recommendation. Nearly wet my pants every single Thursday, even when I am not pregnant :P