Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Rediscovering the Slurpee

I hate to disappoint everyone by failing to give a play-by-play on whether or not I think Michael Jackson is innocent or guilty … but, honestly, the most important piece of information I can impart to you right now is:

The Koons family has rediscovered the Slurpee.

Until recently it had been many long years since I’d enjoyed an icy-cold Slurpee drink at my local 7-11. But now I am happy to report that, for the second week in a row, the Koons family has stopped by 7-11 after Kevin’s softball game and split the largest Slurpee available to be purchased. And, each time, it has been worth every cent.

The end.

3 comments:

pastorshaun said...

As a child, I used to walk 2 miles (seemed like forever) in the heat of the summer to my local 7-11. Thanks for bringing back those slurpee memories. There has got to be a 7-11 in PA somewhere!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes...slurpees!! I well remember when the first 7-11 came to Sacramento (yep I was raised in that town till age 14) and also a few years later in Idaho when I bought my hubby his first one (we were only friends then)!

Thanks for the memories.

It just hit me in seeing your last name here...I used to know some Koons in Sacramento, is your hubby related to any of them there? Just curious. He does look a bit like them as I recall.
Elizabeth

Amy K said...

Fun! Other people appreciate Slurpees, too. :)

Elizabeth - Kevin's from Indiana ... so no relatives in Sacramento w/ the name Koons, unfortunately!