Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Maternity Clothes

The last thing I expected on Saturday was to get a box in the mail, from my single, vivacious, 21 year-old sister, Christy, full of … maternity clothes. But I had also forgotten that her new job is working at a maternity clothing boutique in Beverly Hills. Nice, eh? (Well, nice if you’re related to her and pregnant!) Apparently she had raided the discard pile and found a bunch of stuff to ship up to me. I’m still not quite sure why all these clothes were in the discard pile because I couldn’t find anything wrong with them.

For those of you who have ever been 8/9 months pregnant, you all know how much you dread (no, that's too tame of a word ... hate?) getting dressed in the morning and having to face the world because you’re sick of your limited wardrobe. At this point in my pregnancy, I felt it would be foolish to spend money on more clothes because I’m so close to the end. So, I was determined to just suffer it out with what had.

When the unexpected box arrived on my doorstep on Friday, I cannot adequately tell you how overjoyed I was to find more clothes to wear. And they are, for the most part, completely adorable! Very hip, stylish, and just plain cute. God bless my sister Christy. Oh … and my mom, who I later found out paid for the postage. ;-)
__________________

I hear rumor that they also sell baby clothes at Christy’s shop. She told me that a designer came in the other day to promote his wares. He had a bunch of little baby t-shirts with all sorts of funny expressions on them. Her favorite one was a little pink shirt designed for boys that said: “Real men wear pink.” Gotta love it – thinking outside the box.

3 comments:

Queen of Carrots said...

I read somewhere that 100 years ago people put little boys in pink, because it was a bold color, and little girls in blue, because it was soft and feminine.

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! Anytime Christy goes rooting through the rejects again, you can send to me any rejects rejected by you! It sounds so intriguing. It would be interesting to see what the Expectant Hollywood wears (or doesn't wear, if these are the ones that don't sell!)

~Rose

Nica said...

Ohh... I already hate getting dressed, and I'm only at six months! Btw... put me on the list of poor souls which will gladly be blessed by Christy. ;)