Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Dream Job

So, we’ve been talking lately about that ominous “f” word (i.e., the future). In the middle of one conversation, Kevin got a distant, happy look on his face and said, “What I’d really like to do for a living is edit crossword puzzles all day long. I wonder how you get into that line of work.”

I would’ve laughed … but I think he was serious.

While we were living in Indiana with his family, while studying for the bar, Kevin picked up what has now turned into one of his favorite pastimes: doing crossword puzzles. And he’s darn good at it too. In fact, I’ll only agree to do them with him as long as he lets me have a guess at the word first, before he writes it in. It’s absolutely NO fun for me to sit there and watch him fill in all the words before I’ve had a chance to even think about the clue.

I’m not sure if there are any universities out there that offer a crossword puzzle editing degree or credential but, if there are, maybe Kevin can plan on signing up for it someday. We’ll keep that idea in our “possibilities” folder.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They’re addictive, aren’t they?? Nathan and I were on a crossword puzzle kick for awhile.

Amy, you look so cute!

Audra

Anonymous said...

12 words, Starts with H, ends with R