Friday, June 24, 2005

One more thing ...

Okay, I just have to say one more thing before I log off my computer. Last night we were watching one of those retarded reality TV shows that are so prevalent nowadays. At the end of the "contest," there was a trivia game to determine who would be the ultimate winner.

Before I continue, I would like to make an admission: Whenever I watch Jeopardy, I realize how ignorant I am. I realize how little I know and how much I need to learn. The trivia game last night, however, gave me hope that I'm not a complete idiot after all. Most of the questions were ridiculously easy and I was surprised at how few of the contestants were answering them correctly! (Obviously they weren't picked for their brains!) The last question was the hardest one of all: "Which man served as both Vice President and President without ever having been elected to either office?" My first thought was LBJ but then I thought maybe Gerald Ford. (And it was Ford, by the way.)

The gal who was given this question got a puzzled look on her face, rolled her eyes upwards, pursed her lips, smiled and then confidently said "Colin Powell."

Colin Powell!!!!

It took Kevin and I a few seconds before we could gather our disbelieving jaws from off the floor. The worst part is that this girl wasn't even embarrassed about her wrong answer. She must have thought it was a good guess!

I'm still not sure whether to be amused or depressed because of the complete failure of our modern education system to teach young people basic history and government! But maybe I shouldn’t worry so much. After all, they are learning other important things … like how to put a condom on a cucumber.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Preach it girlfriend....!!!Aunt K