Thursday, February 10, 2005

A letter from a liberal sister who is very "tolerant" of me.

Here is the text of an e-mail I just got from a very happy, tolerant, liberal friend. She writes in response to an article I wrote for an e-newsletter on the issue of fetal pain and California legislation that would require pregnant women seeking abortions in their third-trimester to receive information on fetal pain and be offered anesthesia for the unborn child before it is killed (i.e., burned by painful saline chemicals or dismembered by a pair of sharp metal forceps).

“You are very unhealthy people with a very demented view of modern medicine. Your ploy of deception is one that you use to allow men to govern the behavior and life choices of women; plain and simple. It is primitive, puritanical thinking that binds you, and it is uncivilized and it is UnAmerican. Keep your insane laws off the bodies of others who do NOT share your view. If you don't understand and oppose abortion, don't have one. If you want a government that takes all rights away from individual citizens and dictates the religious laws of the land, move to a communistic or totalitarianistic (sic) country where you belong - but please, leave our civil rights and the democracy in America alone. Let me guess - but... you SUPPORT the death penalty, no doubt. AND the War in Iraq? Yes... kill the ones you don't like, keep the ones you think you can convert - and make sure that YOU decide who is good and who is not. All is right in the world as long as YOU control the killing... and the bodies and behavior of the women. Ahhhhh.... Jesus must weep as he watches you judge, lie, cheat, deceive, threaten, terrorize and ultimately pass judgement (sic) on your fellow human beings. Keep casting your stones of hate. Your Jesus is watching even though YOU are blind, and if you're lucky, he may forgive you for doing exactly what he asked you NOT to do... judge, control, hate, and oppress your fellow humans.

DO NOT E-MAIL ME ANY MORE OR I WILL REPORT YOU TO AOL, YAHOO, AND HOTMAIL FOR INVASION OF PRIVACY and THE DISTRIBUTION OF THREATENING PROPAGANDA.”

I love it when illogical people chew me out. It’s good fodder for laughter. In case you want to know, I didn’t reply. The Bible says to not cast your pearls before . . .

The best part of her letter is that she says I "terrorize." In other words she equates me with the 9-11 hijackers and beheading maniacs. Actually, she probably thinks I'm worse than them! Ha.
__________

In other news . . . I’m now four months pregnant and have been feeling my baby move and kick around inside me every day for about a month now. This morning Kevin felt it kick for the first time. I’m very proud to be a defender of human life. And I’m very glad that God’s grace has allowed me to see that eight inches of birth canal shouldn’t determine a person’s humanity, unlike my pro-abortion sisters.

I’m starting to wear maternity clothes now because I’m at the point where, if I don’t, I look like I’ve gained ten pounds. Since I’d rather look pregnant than fat, I’ve resigned myself to maternity attire and, actually, am starting to enjoy that glowing, pregnant look.

Okay, gotta go now. Bye.

8 comments:

Rachelle said...

Yes, I started wearing larger sizes and then maternity clothes in the second trimester. By 9 months I never wanted to see those clothes ever again. But I bought VERY few. Old Navy is having a maternity sale--go shop! -rlr

CABeachBlonde said...

>>Keep your insane laws off the bodies of others who do >>NOT share your view.

Ooops, I guess I must have been mistaken when thinking the baby didn't want to be killed... So sorry! (For crying out loud!)

Sarah M. said...

Ah, yes... I've received similarly worded emails. I particularly find it "amusing" when they throw in the "your Jesus" or "Jesus must weep" comments, oh and the "If you're lucky". Thankfully I don't have to worry about being lucky. I know where I'm going. I know I'm forgiven and I KNOW what Jesus & His heavenly Father calls "sin" and "wrong" -- murder (i.e. abortion) is one of them. (sigh) You have to pity such people who go around misquoting scripture.

Shannon Koons said...

Amy

You're feeling the baby. How exciting! I can't wait to see you and your cute figure next weekend! :)

Julie said...

Ya know, I can't help thinking you should have e-mailed that loony toon back to let her know you can now feel your little glob of cells moving about inside of you!

Anonymous said...

How sad! To think they are so selfish they cannot even be concerned about how the poor little baby might feel while it is being exterminated.

SO sad to see how they "quote"? Jesus when they want to....yet never obviously REALLY read HIS book! We did not make HIS laws and precepts...we just try our best to obey! Then again, how can we be upset with the nonBeliever for agreeing with most in churches today...that the Old Testament is invalid for our time! Indeed! We all need to read it ALL till we really understand it!

Liberals seem to share one trait: They all seem to be SO INTOLERANT of any views but their own! God help us!
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kevin & Amy, the first kicks are so exciting! I can remember being in complete awe of those little feet bouncing Kristi's belly. We have enjoyed the postings.
Second, I wanted to point out that the "tolerant" friend got one thing right, we are "lucky" (perhaps blessed is a better word) to have Christ's forgiveness.
Last, keep up the great work out there, I never knew it was terrorism to keep people informed about violent invasive medical procedures. Particulary when these mothers will face a lifetime of memories of kicking infants who heard their mothers voices and felt the same pain (or perhaps worse than) we feel.

Kevin said...

Seth & Kristi,

What's up with the flying baby picture? Are you teaching your kids the art of levitation? ;)

Kevin