Monday, February 28, 2005

Guys' Time Out

Although I personally think it’d be nice to hang with Kevin 24/7, I do realize that guys have this inner need to periodically break away from their female counterparts and experience quality male-bonding time. Because of this understanding, I gave Kevin my “permission” to go snow skiing with his buddies at Tahoe on Saturday, without me tagging along. (Oh, and I guess the fact that I’m 4 ½ months pregnant also had something to do with the reason why I couldn’t go.)

According to Kevin, it was a perfect skiing day with beautiful snow conditions and great weather. From what he tells me, he enjoyed watching an “extreme ski competition” while at the resort. Apparently there were all sorts of crazies jumping off cliffs and zig-zagging through trees and boulders. So, according to him, it was a fun and eventful day.

The most exciting thing that happened to me on Saturday was that I accidentally walked into the men’s restroom at the mall. It took me about a minute to realize it, too. And you can bet your bottom dollar that, as soon as I realized this fact, I high-tailed it out of there. Geesh. How embarrassing. (Yet another incident of maternity absentmindedness?) The last time I mistakenly walked into a men’s restroom was in Knoxville, TN at an ATI conference. Um . . . yeah.

On Friday night we enjoyed seeing our friends, the Stewarts, at Jonathan’s house. We were very impressed at the multi-course, homemade dinner Jonathan prepared for us. It was fabulous, especially considering the fact that he’s a bachelor. Someday, his future-wife will really appreciate his culinary skills. In the meantime, we were glad to be on the receiving end!

2 comments:

erinberry said...

Seriously, girl, I stumbled across your blog, and after reading a number of your posts, I can not believe how misguided you are. Faith is a wonderful thing, but if you think you are following Christ by towing the Republican party line, you are sorely mistaken. Jesus was as radical and liberal as they come. Hate to break it to you, but Jesus never said a thing about condemning gays or abortion. He taught compassion and love and generosity towards the poor, not the typical Republican selfishness, and all this voting with one's wallet. Please, if you are going to call yourself a Christian, at least have the decency to act like Christ. Don't be a hypocrite.

An interesting web site: liberalslikechrist.org.

Alison said...

We enjoyed getting the chance to see ya'll out there this time around! Now Nathan knows the faces that go wtih the blogs I'm always telling him about. ;-) ~Ali