Thursday, February 17, 2005

Applause in the Airport? Beyond the Beer Commercial . . .

This is really touching.

"I thank God that the troops that are there don't see the news coverage. I thank God every day, because there'd be ten times the number getting killed, just because it would so un-motivate [sic] them. . . .

“There were seven other soldiers that came home with me that day. We flew into JFK, and we were talking on the way back: What's going to happen? What will we be facing? Is it going to be like the Vietnam era, are there going to be people spitting at us? . . . ”

5 comments:

CABeachBlonde said...

Wow.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmm…Beer.

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I thought Mormons didn't drink beer.

Anonymous said...

Let me explain the comment, there's this show called the Simpsons...never mind.

Angel said...

I saw this commercial during the Super Bowl. We had another couple at our house watching it with us and I think both I and the other wife got a little choked up. :) I think it was the best Super Bowl commercial this year (in my opinion, anyway).