Thursday, February 17, 2005

Feminism: From “Equality” to Exploitation

Thanks to Nathan, who works for Chavez, for sending me this article. This whole subject is really a pet peeve of mine (if you haven’t already noticed)!

Do you realize that the feminist movement has directly resulted in women being treated as cheap sex objects? How can this rationally be considered more dignified than women making meals and keeping house for their committed husbands and loving children? How could alleged “equality” have resulted in so much exploitation?

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I would argue there is a difference between the sexual revolution and feminism but I agree with the point. Sadly it seems what is happened is that women have said, "Men are irresponsible jerks who just use us for sex, so let's do the same back to them." Not only does it not work well and have all kinds of negative repercussions, but it makes women believe that ALL MEN are going to use them. While I've run into my share of losers and was glad I was warned they existed so I could avoid their pitfalls, I have discovered pleasantly that there are a lot of wonderful men who want commitment and family and are willing to stick around when things aren't easy. And unfortunately, women are now making it very difficult for them to be the men they want to be. A vicious cycle. -rlr

erinberry said...

Umm, feminism and promiscuity are not synonyms. I think you and the author of that article are very confused about what feminism means.