Thursday, July 20, 2006

Caught by Grandma

You may remember that I wrote, a while ago, about cutting Grandma Cazzell’s hair. I thought it was funny – definitely a different experience for me to be called over, without a moment’s notice, to serve a new client with my amateur hair snipping skills.

Well, apparently, an extended family member read about it on my blog. I didn’t realize that she knew my blog existed, mind you. It’s amazing how these things get around.

And then, when this extended family member was visiting grandma the other day, she mentioned it to grandma, who was probably mortified to discover that her hairstylist-client-confidentiality privileges had been violated and her personal life had been discussed online.

The next day grandma asked my mother-in-law about it. I can only imagine the look on her face when she asked, "Can just ANYONE read Amy’s blog?"

So, I got caught by grandma, whom I thought I could “safely” talk about since she doesn’t even use the internet.

[It's getting to the point that I can't talk about anyone anymore! How fun is that? How am I supposed to get material for this blog, anyway?]

Sometimes I get into the mindset that the only people who read my blog are the people who comment on my blog.

Apparently this isn’t true – not for me, not for you, not for anyone who cares to share their thoughts on the internet.

In the meantime, (you can bet your bottom dollar) guess whose hair I'll never be cutting again?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard that she didn't like the haircut anyway.
-Joe

Jen said...

Thanks Amy for your comment!

This post made me laugh. I was thinking along the same lines b/c I am not sure who all reads my blog, so I am somewhat limited in my material for fear of someone reading about themselves. :)

Oh loved the posts on the football stuff! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

The haircut was aweful anyway!!!!

Queen of Carrots said...

Ha ha! I know the feeling. My grandparents and my father-in-law are my most devoted readers, so I know I have to be careful. At first it cramped my style, but over time I've gotten used to it and even appreciated the reminder to make sure what I say is always something I won't be embarrassed to have read at my funeral.