Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Meeting, greeting, and running around ...

I feel like I spent the entire weekend running around. We went to meet little Brody Sawyer, born a week ago Monday. He’s adorable. I love holding newborns. New life never ceases to amaze me.

Kevin went golfing – two days in a row! When he was done on Saturday we went to see a house for rent. We were almost ready to put a deposit on it and then Kevin had second thoughts, wondering if it was going to be too small. So, long-story-short, we’re still in the market. (We saw three houses last night, we’ll see one more tonight, and three more on Thursday night!)

This house-hunting business is getting physically exhausting (with all the running around, squeezing in appointments) and emotionally exhausting (‘cuz I just want to find a place to call my own and lay my head for the next two years).

On Sunday, we went to Michael and Heather’s house for dinner – even though Heather was scheduled to be induced and give birth the next day! (Heather, I think you’re amazing or crazy or something!) We're looking forward to meeting little David LeFebvre in a few days. Did I mention I love newborns?

Then we rushed to go meet Ronald and Karen for coffee – they were heading through town from a family reunion. I think it’d been more four years since I saw either of them. It was nice to touch base again.

On Sunday night we finally got a chance to meet Megan’s boyfriend. His name is K.C. and he’s very tall. He’s also funny and we like him. But we knew that we’d probably like him since Megan likes him so well.

Tonight we’re all going to the Jazz Kitchen in Broad Ripple, an artsy district here in town.

But, of course, since we’ll have a whopping 15 minutes to spare, we’re going to swing by another rental house on the way.

Sigh … Kill me now.

3 comments:

Jen said...

sounds like you all are living the crazy life. I hope you find a house soon b/c I know that is important in getting settled into a new place.

Rebecca said...

We'll keep praying that you find the perfect house. It's so hard but our second thoughts were always worth it. And thanks for bringing dinner by, it was yummy. :)

Janice Phillips said...

Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof...so here's to having a patient spirit and I'll be praying for you guys.