Thursday, April 06, 2006

Sick Baby 101

Well, this past week I’ve taken a hands-on course in Sick Baby 101. It’s amazing how many things I never realized about sick babies. For instance, I didn’t really even know how high of a temperature is too high (i.e., when should I freak-out and call the doctor). Now I know.

I also didn’t know that three days of fever is common before a baby shows symptoms of being sick. Now I know.

Lastly, I didn’t know that it’s “normal” for a baby to break out in a scary looking rash after her fever goes away. Now I know that too.

All these things I’m learning.

And, because of dealing with all of this, have I even started packing? No. Are we moving in two weeks? Yes. Am I a nervous wreck? I probably should be.

1 comment:

Queen of Carrots said...

Yikes! I pray she gets well and stays well. (Sick babies WHILE moving is even worse.)