Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Next Three Weeks

Unfortunately my blogging activity is gonna have to be scarce in the next few weeks. [Now that I’ve told you that, I’ll probably write four posts tomorrow.]

I’ve got company coming for Easter, my lovely family. It’ll be my first time to host a holiday at my house. Yay! I just wish there was more time to embellish all the details and make it as special as possible.

And then there’s the dreaded packing. I have an entire house to pack up in the next – oh my gosh, can it be that soon? – nine days. I’ve been consoling myself that at least there are about ten boxes already packed and sitting in our garage. That’s a start, right?

And then, last night, Kevin and I figured out that every single evening until we move is accounted for. No more restful evenings at the Koons’ house until our departure.

And then there’s the two week trip back east. We’re going to go back to Indiana, taking the most indirect route possible – up the coast to Seattle and then across the top of the country. Kevin has only three states left to visit in the continental United States – Washington, Montana, and North Dakota. And, by George, we’re going to hit them all! I’ve already told him that, no matter what time of day it is, we’re going to stop at the “Welcome to North Dakota” sign – which I’m sure is in the middle of nowhere – and take his picture. Maybe we’ll even pull out some goblets and sparkling cider too. I think it’s quite a feat to be only 28 and have gone to all those states. We’re also going to hit up a couple of the national parks, which will be fun.

Some of you have asked if we’ve sold our house yet. I regret to inform you that, no, we have not sold our house yet. Are we crazy to leave without selling our house? Yes, but we have been known to do other crazy things in the past, living life on the edge, so this is no different. In our optimistic minds, we’re telling ourselves that the market will pick up as summer approaches. We would appreciate your prayers that our house sells … and soon would be nice! Thank you!

Lastly, I would like to wish you all a very happy Easter! He is Risen. Christ has conquered death. This is truly something to celebrate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is Risen, indeed! God bless you all on your trip and for the sale of your home.
~SIW

JoMama said...

Kevinicus and Aminicus are "Two wild and crazy guys!" If you don't know where the quote came from you were probably home schooled.

Angel said...

We are going to miss you guys! You know you're our only friends here so far, right? ;) I'm bummed we won't get to see you and Meredith before you go, but I totally understand how that goes (having just been through our own crazy-hectic move). Don't stress about the packing; it'll go fast once you get started. :)

Happy trails!