Thursday, April 27, 2006

Evergreen Travels


The Reitzes in Olympia (capitol in the background). We had a great visit with friends!


The whole Olympia gang.


Kevin and Meredith on the ferry to Seattle. I told Kevin that he should handcuff me to our car and then I would feel like Ashley Judd in “Double Jeopardy.”


Amy, on the ferry, with the Seattle skyline in the background.


Pike Place Market. I didn’t realize how cool this would be. I think it ultimately came down to the fact that there was so much wonderful FOOD. Have I mentioned that I love food?! We bought handmade cheese, sausage, fresh bread, and an orange that tasted like candy!


Amy enjoying a mocha at the original Starbucks. This is where it all started, folks.


Meredith on top of Seattle. We enjoyed a great view from the tallest building in Seattle, where we looked down on the space needle and the rest of the city. It was a good way to end a perfect gray day in Seattle.

9 comments:

Chris and Amber said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chris and Amber said...

Thanks for sharing your adventures, I'd like to go the original starbucks! :D

JoMama said...

"I told Kevin that he should handcuff me..." Doe!

Anonymous said...

Amy in action! Sounds like a movie title...

Queen of Carrots said...

Man, now I'm so homesick. Except for Starbucks. I still hate coffee.

the Joneses said...

So cool that y'all could get together. So not cool that so many of the rest of us were too far away to join you!

-- SJ

Rachelle said...

Bummer...You had the only grey day this week in Seattle. But it looks like you made the most of your time! I still think of Double Jeopardy when I ride the ferry and I do it a lot! :) R

Anonymous said...

Queen of what?!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are having a wonderful time. We took a vote here and unanimously we voted for you to return to California. We must confess that we voted with our hearts and not our heads. You are in our prayers as you travel, relocate, job, school, etc. Good thing we serve a BIG God. Much love, Dad, Mom, David and Melissa.