Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Meredith's Trip Downtown

From Meredith:

Today I went downtown with my mom. Normally I wake up at 6:30, grab a bite to eat, and then play with my toys in my jammies. Today was different. After breakfast, my dad put me in a pretty church dress and I got to wear my shiny black shoes. Then he put me in my car seat. Soon my mom came out – she was all dressed up too. Then we went for a long car ride. We went to a prayer breakfast to celebrate life and remember how horrible abortion is. Apparently, if I were only seven months younger than I am now, my life could be taken away from me and the law wouldn’t protect me. Isn’t that just awful?

My mom told me that she had dreams all last night that I was going to be a bad girl at this meeting and cry a lot and make things hard for her. But I really showed her! I was a perfect angel. I sat on Miss Sarah’s lap while my mom ate her breakfast and then I fell asleep in my carrier.

On the way back, we stopped by daddy’s office to surprise him with an iced coffee. I love to see my dad during the day. I miss him when he’s at work. My mom is okay but my dad is more fun. He makes cool animal noises and knows all the words to all the songs.

2 comments:

Stephen, Sarah, Nora, Joseph and Isaiah said...

Glad to hear you were a good girl for your mom, Meredith. I'm sure that made her day :) Nora misses her dad during the day, too.

Amy K said...

Wow. Interesting website!