Monday, January 30, 2006

Celebrating Chinese New Year

Just as soon as I wrote the post, below, declaring myself to be an incompetent baker, I decided to go to a whole new level in my baking exploits. I decided I was going to attempt to make fortune cookies to help ring in the Chinese New Year.

I’m all about celebrating every holiday possible. Fun food is a good way to do that. The cookies turned out great!


Me and my good friend Meredith Turney, who is here visiting for a whole week. Yay!! (Beware of the zombie eyes. It's my lot in life.)


Kevin got a big one. (Actually, I was tired of making them so I just took the rest of the batter, at the end, and made a gigantic one.)


We wrote our own fortunes. Kevin had all the good ones ‘cuz he cheated and looked them up on the internet.


Two Merediths.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby girl looks so cute in this pic. She needs to come to Indiana and visit her Great Aunt B. I love you, Meredith!

Micah said...

Go, Amy! I'm so impressed that you made fortune cookies!! I didn't even know that was possible!!

Jen said...

Megan would be so proud! :)

And you said you weren't a baker....

Alaina said...

Amy, your fortune cookies look awesome! I love that you celebrated the Chinese New Year! We actually are going to a party this weekend for it...a few days late.