Monday, January 16, 2006

Grabbing, Football, and Oranges

I think Meredith is the grabbiest baby I’ve ever seen. She’s never content with what we give her, she always wants the next thing (the one that’s just beyond her reach). It’s getting impossible to sit with her in church because she constantly grabs for the hymnals or the people in front of her. Yesterday this lady in front of us saw that Meredith was grabbing things and handed her a little pamphlet. We took it away a few minutes later only to discover that there was a little “bite” out of the corner of the pamphlet. We searched for the missing part of the pamphlet but could find no trace. Meredith then looked up at us with a sly grin. Kevin looked at me and shrugged his shoulders while I fought off the urge to laugh out loud. Ahh … Meredith.




Here is Meredith and Daddy after church. They came home, kicked off their shoes, and plopped on the couch to watch the Colts’ valiant attempt to beat the Steelers. Kevin thinks Meredith likes football.





Oh yeah, and this entry wouldn’t be complete without mentioning that we ate the “first fruits” of the orange tree we planted in our yard earlier this year. Yes, this orange [pictured below] grew in our very own backyard. I think Kevin now feels like he’s lived the California dream.

When asked how it tasted, Kevin replied: “Not bad at all.”

A: “It’s the first fruit this tree has ever produced, Kevin!”

K: “Yes, I feel like I should tithe it.”

A: “Well, there’s four of them; we can take the rest and put them in the offering next Sunday.”

K: “Um, yeah …”

3 comments:

Jen said...

I have been on a orange kick recently...I wish I had my own tree. :)

Oh I think you were VERY gracious to say "valiant attempt" in reference to the Colt's game. That was some very sad football. I still wonder if the actual team I have watched all fall actually played on Sunday. :)

Chris and Amber said...

AWWWWWWWWW!
Daddy & Meredith are SO cute together!!
She probably understands the game better than I do!! :-D Well, I guess I do get the point of the game, I just don't think it's interesting or really enjoyable! But, for my mom I'll say GO BRONCOS and I will wear orange and try to care about the games for her!! :)

the Joneses said...

What a great Daddy-daughter shot! And I'm still laughing at the bite taken out of the pamphlet. That grabby stage is pretty intense -- I remember walking past Addie in her high chair: she snatched at a wet dishcloth in my hand.

-- SJ