Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A Temperate Holiday

Here I am in Long Beach, sitting in front of my parents’ computer. I had forgotten how warm it can be in So. Cal. in the wintertime. Even Sacramento is considered “extreme weather” compared to here. My first clue in discovering that I’d brought too many sweaters was when we pulled into my folks' driveway and my mom came bounding out of the house in shorts and a tank top.

On Friday we went to the Getty art museum in L.A. We had a great time and enjoyed both the art and the beautiful vistas surrounding the museum. We took an architecture tour and I learned more than I was planning to learn that day about the subject. But it was interesting, I will admit.

Other than the fact that my aunt Lori broke her arm on Christmas Eve, things have been pretty low-key. I can’t believe Christmas is already over. So much hoopla and then … it’s all over. So suddenly. Sigh.

Kevin's already home. Meredith and I are staying a few extra days to visit friends and family. I love my family here in L.B. but Kevin IS my family now. And I already miss him tons. For that reason, Thursday won't be here soon enough.

1 comment:

Janice Phillips said...

Enjoy that sunny SoCal weather because it is pouring buckets up here everything is soaking wet and drippy and cold and dark and did I mention wet? Ok, good. Enjoy the fun in the sun with family and friends. :-)