Friday, December 30, 2005

Random stuff … ‘Cuz that’s what blogs are for.

Today Kevin told me: “I had a dream this morning that we took a cruise to Iraq. I thought it would be boring and then realized we’d get to see the Mediterranean and travel through the Suez Canal.”

I’m glad his dream turned out okay.

Because my sister Christy got her own apartment recently, she got a bunch of household items (sheets, pots and pans, etc.) for Christmas. “This is awesome!” she said. “It’s like getting married … but without the man.”

I love my sister.

It’s official now (i.e., enough people know, including our employers). We’re planning to move to Indiana, probably in the spring. We are excited and know it’s what God has for us but – as with all big changes in life – we are also somewhat anxious and overwhelmed.

A lot has to happen between now and then.

My mom hadn’t really said anything specific about us moving until this past weekend. My parents have always been supportive, knowing it will be a good thing for our family, even though I know it’s hard for them to see us move so far away.

Well, apparently, a woman at my mom’s church asked her what she thought about us moving. Her reply was: “I would rather have my daughter be married to a godly man and happy than living close to me without that.”

That is an unselfish love. What more can I say?

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Tuckster: Nope. Status quo.