Thursday, December 08, 2005

Searching for Search Lights

I have a crazy husband. Last night, after getting our Christmas tree (finally!), we drove around for twenty minutes trying to locate the source of search lights we saw in the sky. “I want to find them!” he declared. So, we set off on our mission.

They seemed to be mostly west and slightly south of where we were. With Kevin at the wheel, we maneuvered back and forth on both main streets and side streets until we finally found them. It was kind of like a treasure hunt of sorts.

Personally, I think search lights are cool. I love the grandeur of the light beams shooting into the sky, especially as you get closer and closer. Needless to say, we had a good time on our hunt.

In the end, our search light search landed us in the parking lot of a new gym opening up in Roseville. I told Kevin we should go inside to see if they have free cookies and punch. But, after discussing it, we decided to just go home and put up our tree.

I love random adventures.

3 comments:

Janice Phillips said...

Fun memories! I remember my dad doing that with my brother and I when we were probably about 8 and 10. When we got to the light, I was so amazed that the light source was so tiny and the mirror was actually doing all the work.

CABeachBlonde said...

Done THAT before . . . :) Guess the lights work!

Anonymous said...

Madeleine and I totally did the same thing with that same spotlight last week (the "end of the rainbow" was kind of a disappointment for me, but hey, she enjoyed it).