Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Ahh, Life ...

Yes! I’ve borrowed a laptop so I can get meet some work deadlines before Christmas arrives. I’m glad to be able to get my hands on technology again!

Everything has been going well except for my computer woes and the fact that I left some sugar on the counter overnight and an army of ants overtook my kitchen. Kevin is normally the one who would deal with insect infiltration but, since he was at work, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I couldn’t locate the Raid in the garage but did manage to find another kind of chemical. The bottle advertised that it would kill aphids and prevent diseases on rose bushes. I rationalized that if it could kill aphids, it could certainly kill ants too. Right?

After completely hosing down my kitchen with this aphid-killer, I sat and victoriously watched all the ants drown and die.

Oh, and another thing … thanks to all of you, I recently learned that I was taught incorrect versions of various nursery songs as a child! Not only was I erroneously told that the middle-piggy ate “corn and bread,” I was also taught an incorrect version of Patty-Cake. Maybe I shall need to go into counseling because of this. Does anyone know a good shrink?

[Note: Mom and dad, if you are reading this, I’m sincerely not bitter. At least you loved me and sang to me. Seriously, I think I have the best parents ever. Even if they made up their own words to certain songs.]

Other than these things, mentioned above, we have been greatly enjoying this Christmas Season. I went to a very fun ladies’ Christmas Tea; I’ve been doing a lot of baking (what else do you do when your computer is broken?); we went and saw the glitzy Christmas lights at the Fab Forties; and tonight we’re going to a Christmas party and gift-exchange with friends.

Oh, and last night Kevin introduced me to Prokofiev’s Peter and the Wolf. He’s been saying how much he wanted this CD and so I bought him one for Christmas. Then, low and behold, last night he plans to buy one while we’re at Barnes and Nobles. (Can you believe it?! You’re not supposed to buy things for yourself in December!!) So, I had to reveal my hand and tell him I’d already gotten it for him! Sheesh.

Anyway, last night we listened to the whole thing together. It was fun.

Finally … In case I don’t get a chance to say it before December 25, I wish you and your families a very Merry Christmas!

Now I’ve gotta get to work! Deadlines are looming!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to correct you again, but its Barnes and Noble (singular).

Janice Phillips said...

Merry Christmas to you, too, even if I can't make myself believe it's December other that the fact that the calendar completely contradicts me each time I look at it. Never thought while I was in VA that I'd gotten used to it, but I'm afraid to say, I really did. It's just downright too warm for December here, let alone Christmas!