Friday, August 19, 2005

"To Do" List

One thing I’ve been amazed about, since having a baby, is how LITTLE I’m able to get done anymore. Who would’ve thought it’d be this time-consuming to take care of a baby? I’d always heard that they sleep a lot. Ha!

Until recently, I’ve always been this super-high energy person who charges through her to-do list with gusto and lightning speed. Now, I’m lucky if I can complete the things that HAVE to be done in a given day, plus one extra thing. Just today, I finally finished writing and addressing thank-you notes for baby gifts. (This has been at least a month-long project.) Now I just have to buy stamps. At the rate I’m going, the remainder of my thank-you notes will get mailed in mid-September! [Sigh …]

Anyway … things are getting better now that Meredith’s settling into a fairly predictable routine. Praise God for BabyWise – my ultimate lifesaver these days … I don’t care what kinds of horrible things people have to say about it online, all the people I know who’ve used it, including myself, have greatly benefited from it. PTL.

4 comments:

amanda said...

Thank you, thank you. I've read so much bad stuff about Gary Ezzo just within the last week that I was beginning to wonder if there's some hidden Ezzo-demon that will surface only when my kids are older and thus scarred for life.
Although the material on infant feeding leaves a little to be desired, I love Babywise's sleeping material and have used it (flexibly) with two babies...very happy and rested babies.

Anonymous said...

Actually, the Ezzo-demon will get you. He hides under the bed and in the closet, waiting for the right opportunity to strike.

Be forewarned.

the Joneses said...

I think Ezzo "works" for those who either have some experience with babies already (most of the really glowing reports I've heard are from moms who started Babywise on their third or fourth child), or who take the basic idea and use it as it suits them.

I now wish I'd picked up and held Addie more when she was a baby; when Stuart came along, I knew the basic structure, but felt free to feed him or hold him whenever I felt like it.

The trouble starts with those who are afraid to deviate from his advice, despite their babies' needs. And there's MY opinion. I'm glad Meredith is settling in. Obviously you and she are working very well together. :)

-- SJ

"Nick" said...

As with anything, you will find people who love it and hate it, who swear by it, and swear at it. Regardless, Babywise and Growing Kids God's Way has been a lifesaver for most people who use it. Of course, as with anything, you have to use your brain. If something doesn't work, or seems wrong, don't do it. Find what works for you.

Another book my parents use, and my sister said was excellent, is Dr. Turtle's Babies.