Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Current Challenges

For the next two weeks we're babysitting my brother (10) and sister (8) so my parents can go on an overseas vacation (a dream-trip for my mom). I'm excited about having David and Melissa and the bonding times we'll surely share. They are good kids. In fact, they were both dressed and had their beds neatly made this morning before I even got up! But I know that there will be challenges, too, because of typical sibling rivalry. And then, in addition to spending time with and caring for my siblings, I'll be caring for my six week old baby. And, on top of that, I'm starting work this week again. Yesterday I took Meredith into the office for a staff meeting and then came home and wrote a fundraising letter for my boss. I have several other projects with deadlines this week too.

Didn't someone once say: "Whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is...Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hm....I always thought it was "whatever doesn't kill you will only make you stranger" ;)

Angel said...

Although I'm sure it will present its own set of challenges, I'm sure it will also be a lot of fun to have your siblings around for two weeks! :) I often wish I could have my younger siblings come visit for a week or two--especially the little ones, since they grow up so fast! We only get to see them about once or twice a year and they change a lot in between visits.

I'll be praying for extra stamina and patience for you these next two weeks. I hope you guys all have a great time making new memories together! :)