Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Moving Onward

This pregnancy thing is starting to get old. It’s definitely made me realize I’m not invincible. On Monday morning, for instance, I had no idea how I’d make it through the day because of weekend exhaustion and all the things on my plate for the day (at work and home). If I were my normal, energetic self, I think I could handle all of it … or at least handle it better. But, anyway, now it’s Tuesday afternoon and, somehow, I made it. Praise God.

Yesterday I did an interview with the local radio news station (the one that airs Paul Harvey, and that’s my claim to fame). The topic of the interview was the gay marriage ruling yesterday in S.F. On my way home from work, late in the afternoon, I heard a few of my soundbites on the air. Although I’ve done lots of media interviews, they’re usually either aired live or in other places in the state (or interviews with print-media). It was bizarre to hear my own voice on the airwaves. It was much lower-sounding than I would have expected.

Last weekend my fun, adorable sisters were in town, along with my aunt and my mom. We had such a great time. My aunt had scoured the internet and found this place called “Daffodil Hill” in an old gold-mining town just south of where we live. The whole group of us went down there on Saturday and it was an absolutely gorgeous drive. The hills are very green right now and lots of flowers are in bloom. When we finally arrived at Daffodil Hill, it was very peaceful and serene. I’d never seen anything like it – daffodils everywhere (and a few tulips and irises sprinkled in for fun)! We also had good times, the rest of the weekend … eating fresh strawberry pie and listening to my aunt tell us tales about my mom’s childhood. She told these hilarious stories about my mom’s old boyfriends … beginning with her fifth grade flame. Fortunately my mom was laughing about it, too!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Oh, it only gets better. Wait until month 8 when you can barely eat anything (because you have no room) or breathe (baby is taking space from your lungs). I would tell you my horror stories from the last two weeks but you're tall, so you should have it easier there. But it is a good reminder that we aren't invincible and that rest is good. :) R

CABeachBlonde said...

Mmmm...gotta love spring and daffodils! Reminds me of the Virginia road dividers--at least in Ashburn, all filled with vibrant bulbs. :)
That's pretty funny...my mom, aunt and sister came and visited me this weekend and we drove up north to go touristing. :) Mt. Shasta City and McCloud.