Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Choral News

Recently the conductor of Kevin’s chorale asked him to be one of two people (out of a 180-voice choir), to be interviewed by the local classical music radio station about his participation in the chorale and about their upcoming concert. While Kevin was wondering why the heck he was chosen to do this, I reminded him that his conductor really likes him. For example, he was asked to sing in the Kenny Rogers concert last year. (See this post and this post. Hee, hee.) And every time I run into the conductor, he recognizes me and tells me how much he loves Kevin because Kevin is the only bass who actually makes eye contact with him during a concert. (Which I think is funny because the conductor tells me this nearly every time I see him, like he’s forgotten he already told me!) Anyway, Kevin still thought it was weird that he was asked to do the media interview. After the interview was over, he said that, apparently, the reporter really liked one line Kevin gave him about his favorite part of Haydn’s Creation but it was too long to include in the clip so Kevin had to repeat it five or six times. And you know how, when you repeat a line, it’s never as good – or as convincing – as when you say it off the cuff. But, overall, it sounds like the interview went well and it was a fun experience for Kev.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you happen to have any pictures of Kevin singing with Kenny? If so, please post them immediately.

Amy K said...

Unfortunately I don't have pictures of Kevin and Kenny together. But I have many memories imprinted in my mind!

Cheers,
Amy