Friday, March 04, 2005

I Need A Blog Fix

Okay, I need a quick blog fix from my job. Lately I’ve hardly been taking a lunch break because legislation is starting to pile up rapidly on my desk, screaming for me to do something about it! It’s a good thing I really enjoy what I do for a living. Otherwise, it would be complete insanity.

Tonight should be interesting . . . I’m having an uncertain amount of women and girls (should be a lot) over to my house for a slumber party. It’s been a while since I’ve been an active participant in a bona fide slumber party. I think we’re going to do the whole nail-painting, giggling, talking about boys, ice-cube dropping routine. (Well, maybe not the ice-cube dropping part.) The lady organizing this party (I’m simply the hostess), is getting married in two weeks! I told her she’s absolutely crazy for planning a non-wedding-related slumber party approximately fourteen days before her marriage. But she has a great heart and wants to do it as a ministry to younger girls. Plus, she says that she doesn’t really want do an over-nighter any time soon after she’s married. So, maybe it’s technically “logical” . . . but I still think she’s mad.

Okay, now I’ve gotta get back to work. Thanks for sharing in my fleeting Blog Break.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What the heck-o-la is an "ice-cube dropping routine"?