Thursday, March 17, 2005

Holidays are good excuses ...

I’m embarrassed to say but I forgot it’s St. Patrick’s Day today until I was half-way to work. (Hope I don’t get pinched for not wearing green.) I hate not being “festive” when it’s a holiday. Holidays are so much fun because they provide excuses to celebrate both important and random things. And St. Patrick’s Day is a good excuse to do two things I don’t normally do – wear green and eat corned beef.

Today there were tons of people milling around downtown covered in green accents. I even saw some chic woman wearing a green pair of pants (not many women could carry this off, but she did so gracefully). It was fun to see so much green around me. It made the world seem smaller. And it made the people seem much more personable, as I could imagine them squinting their eyes at their wardrobes this morning to find the perfect green thing to wear.

No comments: