Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The latest “situation” Amy’s gotten herself into …

Seeking to take a break from the hectic world of public policy, I’ve decided to try the world of modeling and fashion. Well, actually, “fashion” is a relative term when your abdomen and other strategic places are ever-expanding!

But back to what I was saying … There’s a maternity fashion show this weekend at the California Exposition (where they have the state fair) and the coordinator just asked me to be a model for it!! I had heard an advertisement for this on the radio several months back and thought it would be fun. So, I arbitrarily submitted my information. They called me back the next day only to say that it was too late because they were already full. After this phone call, I completely put the fashion show out of my mind.

Apparently, however, one of their models has cancelled and now I’m going to take her place! My “fitting” is scheduled for today at noon. (Here’s the link for the clothing company.) The part I’m looking forward to the most is getting pampered with free makeup and hair-dos. I also think it will be a blast to try something totally, completely different from anything I’ve ever done before! And it’ll definitely be something fun to laugh about years down the road …

6 comments:

CABeachBlonde said...

Ahhh! How fun is that! That is right up my alley...well, not me and maternity, but you know what I mean... :) I just modeled for something not long ago, actually. :)

CABeachBlonde said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CABeachBlonde said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CABeachBlonde said...

Ooops! My blogger was messing up! Sorry so many posts....

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! I certainly hope they don't givce you a frizz head like some of those models. What ARE they thinking? I prefer the sunglasses lady hair to the poof head that's in the purple dress. Have fun! Post a pic if you can get one. :)

Anonymous said...

It just dawned on me why Erinberry doesn't like you other than your "conservative" views.