Thursday, October 07, 2004

Very random succession of thoughts . . .

This morning I was observing a little old lady safely guard children as they walked across the street in my neighborhood. It made me wonder what it’d be like to have that job. The advantages would be a) fulfillment in knowing you’re looking over the children, b) making friendships, c) getting a good tan, etc. The worst parts would be a) having to get up so early, b) being bored when no kids come for hours, and c) the incredible lack of salary. But, anyway, I found an opening for a cross guard in Elyria, Ohio, if anyone is interested. :-)

So . . . today is the big day for Martha. She enters her jail cell. I wonder if they’ll let her bring anything with her to entertain herself or decorate. From the way the newscasters talk, things won’t be so bad for her. They make it sound like she’ll be spending the next five months in a grey-colored resort. I heard this morning that today she’ll have to endure a strip search – and most of the guards at this facility are male. Okay, um, that would be really embarrassing. I feel for Martha. I really do.

We are wondering what’s “up” because we still haven’t gotten our first mortgage bill and it’s been almost two months since we’ve moved into our house. Not that we mind, or anything. Maybe our house is FREE.

Okay, time to wake up and enter the real world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's amazing - Michael's parents live in Elyria! Maybe we should check it out.... =)

~Rose

Amy K said...

Oh my goodness! That's HYSTERICAL. How random is that. A very, very random day, indeed. :) -Amy

Anonymous said...

FYI- strip searching is only done by same-gender guards and includes searching cavities capable of storing propaganda. I'm sure Martha did not have that in mind when she acted on her inside tip to sell!