Friday, August 20, 2004

Thoughts of the Moment

We’re getting a new phone number. I was hoping to keep our old one because it takes me such a long time to memorize new numbers. Kevin totally cracks me up – he’s glad to get rid of our current phone number because the last four digits are 1721 and he hates having so many ones in our phone number. I never realized he was so particular about these types of things. Apparently, he doesn’t like odd numbers unless it’s a five or a seven. Hmmm. Picky, picky.

I’m hoping to go to the state fair this year. (It starts tonight.) Truth be told, I’ve never been to a bona fide state fair. We always went to the L.A. or Orange county fairs – which are both gigantic. Sacramento was always too far to drive. Even though Kevin and I lived here last year, we didn’t go to the state fair ‘cuz we were both jobless and broke. This year we may not have time to go. But I’m still crossing my fingers! If we make it, I want to go on that zipper ride. Do you know which one I’m talking about? It’s the one that’s oblong-shaped with little cars that spin up and down it. It’s the most nauseating, white-knuckler ride ever. (Very fun!) I have fond memories going on that ride with Kevin at a Maryland county fair in the fall of 2001. It was definitely one of those bonding experiences. I think both of us closed our eyes and screamed incessantly for the entire ride. Ahh . . . good times.

Today we were supposed to close escrow but our loan docs didn’t arrive in time. So that means we won’t close until at least Monday. Which also means that we’ll lose a weekend to clean, paint, and move our stuff. Bummer.

No comments: