Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Signing Our Lives Away

Today we said goodbye to our debt-free lifestyle and signed our lives away. [Gulp.] Everybody we’d talked to who had gone through the experience said they were amazed by how many documents they had to sign to get a loan. We were envisioning a desk piled high with paperwork. But, honestly, it wasn’t that bad. We were done signing within the hour.

After leaving the title company this morning, I went to the state GOP headquarters and got myself a Bush Cheney ’04 bumper sticker. I got one for Kevin too. He doesn’t like bumper stickers but I think he’ll put this one on his car for the good cause. I really wanted the bumper sticker that says “‘W’ stands for Women” but they were out. Any little thing I can do to tick-off the neo-feminists makes me happy. ;-) Seriously though, I hate it when people say the GOP party doesn't represent women. I think it represents me just fine. And now I have a bumper sticker to send that message. It's a war out there on those roads.

No comments: