Thursday, October 25, 2007

Trader Joes with Kids

I’ve been a Trader Joe’s fan most of my life but until today I had never gone with kids in tow. It’s hard enough going to one store with kids and, since TJs won’t meet all my shopping needs (it’s always for wine, specialty, or fun stuff, when I go), I rarely drag kids there.

Well, now I’m going to have to take Meredith back. She loved it. Shopping at TJs with kids was a fabulous experience. Here are a few reasons why:

1) They have cute shopping carts just her size for children to push around.

2) They have a stuffed monkey they hide in the store (a new location every day) for kids to find. When they find it, the kids get a “treat” from the cashier.

3) The treats are kid-friendly but also healthy. Meredith selected nuts and dried cranberries trail mix.

4) Meredith also got a helium balloon to tie around her wrist and take with her.

This was definitely the best-grocery-shopping-with-kids trip I’ve ever experienced.

2 comments:

Alaina said...

It is on of the BEST stores to take kids - my boys love it!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea they did all that for kids!