Wednesday, October 31, 2007

On Good Mommies

I recently read something on the difference between “frustration tantrums” and “temper tantrums.” Meredith has a lot of frustration tantrums. These usually occur when she is trying to get herself dressed a certain way and her body is not coordinated enough to cooperate.

The other day Meredith was trying to pull a pair of tights over her pants and it wasn’t working, so she started having a fit. Then I offered to help her. Usually she is resistant to my help because she wants to do it “all by myself” but this time she let me. As I was pulling on her tights, she started patting my back and said, “You know what? You’re a good mommy.”

I don’t know if I am or not. But this is something that’s sure nice to hear from your two-year-old. And like Kevin said: even if I’m not a good mommy in other people’s book, who cares as long as my kids think so.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

That's sweet. You are a good mommy!

Monica said...

Isn't it rewarding when they can finally talk and express what they are really feeling and thinking? It only gets better.

Rachelle said...

You're a good mommy. Even when Meredith doesn't think so. (Which she will deep down but I suspect she will articulate otherwise at some point.)-rlr