Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I have a crazy, loveable sister.

Betsy called me late last night and said, “Hey, I’m in Chicago and I have to fly out tomorrow at 11 a.m. Can I come and visit you guys tomorrow morning?” My sister is a pilot who flies private jets around the country and sometimes internationally. She hadn’t seen Clara yet and wanted to visit both girls.

Chicago is three hours (and one time zone) away.

She arrived at 5:45 a.m., with Steve her boyfriend (he’s a pilot too and often flies with her). We greeted them with sleepy eyes and bed head. Fortunately they were bearing Starbucks coffee with them. We woke Clara up at 6:00 and Meredith at 6:30. Clara was her cute self and gave her aunt several smiles. Meredith sang some songs and read a few stories with Betsy.

They left for Chicago O’Hare at 7:30 a.m.

My sister is crazy and I love her. I love people who do spontaneous and impractical things just for the sake of good times. That just about sums up Betsy.




4 comments:

Christy said...

that's awesome.
totally sounds like something they would do.
;)
i love those pictures. Meredith definatly looks like she just woke up. ha ha.

Heather L. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

That is so neat! i can't believe your sister had the energy to do that! Someday I'll have to meet her and hear all about what it's like being a pilot!

Alaina said...

Don't you love spontaneity! I wish I had more energy for it these days - life is a little crazy! :)