Monday, September 24, 2007

The Wind in Our Ears

United Way of Central Indiana gives a free book of the month to preschoolers in Marion County. They are brand new, beautiful books. Meredith always loves receiving these in the mail. I keep thinking that one of these days I’m going to write a gushy thank-you note to the donors who make it possible for young kids to have a decent home library. It’s fabulous! The books have quickly become some of Meredith’s favorites.

The book for September is about a wild, little pony that “feels the wind in his ear” and goes on an adventure. The morning after I read the book to Meredith for the first time, we went on a walk to the park. As we were walking along, a gust of wind picked up and Meredith laughed and said, “I feel the wind in my ear!”

Well, today I’m feeling the wind in my ear too!

Here’s why: a family member generously enabled us to have a second car. It’s something that will get us through the end of Kevin’s schooling until we can buy a larger vehicle for our family. I’m so grateful. It’s so freeing to know that I can grocery shop during the day, or go meet up with a friend for a play date, or take the kids to the Children’s Museum, without having to go downtown two or three times in a day to transport Kevin.

So, yes, both me and Meredith are feeling the wind in our ears!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SOOOO happy for you!!!

Unknown said...

YEAH!!!!

Megan said...

Yeah!! I heard the news from my mom. Isn't God good?!?!?! I'm very happy for you!

Monica said...

I can completely relate to your new found freedom. After 4 years of apartment living our first "second" car was given to us as well. It was a very large Oldsmobile driven by an old lady. But to us it was a limousine.
Enjoy!

Rebecca said...

I'm so excited for you! I remember my moment of freedom, isn't it great!

Micah said...

Yeah for a "run around" car!!

We just got that book this month too! We've only read it 500 times in the past two weeks :-/. Sometimes I have to hide away books in the attic :) Is that mean or what???

the Joneses said...

When we got a second vehicle, my claustrophobic life suddenly opened up. I'd had a very hard year with two little ones, few friends, and no sunshine, so that rickety old van made a dramatic difference. So glad for you!

-- SJ

Stephen, Sarah, Nora, Joseph and Isaiah said...

That's wonderful! It's always encouraging to hear stories of God's provision. Enjoy your wheels :0)