Friday, September 28, 2007

In Stitches

I realize that my blog is starting to get lopsided with all these entries about stuff Meredith is saying. But just in this past week I cannot believe how much she is talking. Basically, she never stops. And I’m having a hard time keeping a straight face when she needs discipline. She tries to talk her way out of everything and she uses her own little two-year-old logic to do it.

A (calling upstairs): “Meredith, where are you?”

M: “I’m giving Clara a massage.”

A: “WHAT are you doing?”

M: “I’m just playing with my sister!”

And then, as if anticipating my response, she says: “Yes. I am being nice to her!”
________________

M (setting some pretend food on the table): “THAT is for potty train. It is a treat.”

A: “When can I eat it?”

M: “You have to pee and poop FIRST. It is for potty train.”

[She understands the concept, it's just the execution that she has a problem with.]
________________

M (to her grandpa as he was leaving): “See you in a while alligator!”
________________

M: “Do you want an egg sweetie?” (She uses terms of endearment a lot, including “babe.” For instance, “Where is babe?” meaning Kevin.)
________________

M: “I want a bottle of milk.”

A: “Remember? You got big and you don’t have any bottles anymore.”

M: “But I can’t reach the sky yet [pointing up]. I have to get another birthday and then I can reach the sky, like mommy. I want a bottle of milk!”
________________

And then, this just happened a few seconds ago:

A (sternly, because Meredith was up from her nap): “What are you doing?”

M (stuffing tights down her PJs): “My baby sister is in there.” (i.e., She’s “pregnant.”)

A (pointing to tights): “What are those?”

M: “Those are my bras. For pretend.”



And here is a picture of Clara. I love her too! Honestly!! It’s just that, like I said, Meredith has been providing all the commentary lately.

5 comments:

Christy said...

you should check out my blog sometime... christyelisabethwilliams.blogspot.com

Missi said...

I love reading about the funny things Meredith says! She cracks me up!

Sarah M. said...

ROFLOL Cracks me up. I startled Lauren laughing suddenly while holding her. LOVE the "Babe" comment. V-funny!

Rachelle said...

Meredith is one funny girl! Clara will no doubt provide a lot of good blog fodder in the future. Right now her job is just to be cute.-rlr

Stephen, Sarah, Nora, Joseph and Isaiah said...

Ditto on the "babe" comment...too cute. Nora does the same thing calling me "honey" in the same tone of voice I use with her :0)