Wednesday, September 26, 2007

More Sayings and Doings of Meredith

The other day as I worked in the kitchen, Meredith was talking in the background. Suddenly her voice got louder and she said, “Mommy, I’m talking. Now you listen!”

This morning she told two-month-old Clara, who was innocently sitting in her bouncy seat, “Hey! Look at me. You listen when I talk.”
___________________

Kevin recently read a picture book to Meredith about Indians. In the back was a map with the names of various Indian tribes printed on the map. One was the Kickapoo tribe. Meredith then interrupted him and said, “I kick. I kick Winnie the Pooh!”
___________________

The other day I told Meredith to drink some milk because it will make her grow big and strong. (Since we took her bottle away, she’s nearly stopped drinking milk altogether.) She looked up at me and said, “But my food will make me strong. I already healthy.”

It’s so annoying having a logical child.
___________________

These are things Meredith often says these days:

“It will be fall soon!” [Then she explains that the leaves will change and it will snow soon.]

“Someday when I be three …” [Usually she adds that we will go to the state fair again after “I be three.”]

“Someday when Trara gets big …”

“Hey Trara, someday when you get big, you can play with [insert name of toy] too!”

2 comments:

Catherine said...

How funny!

the Joneses said...

Not that Meredith is exhibiting serious firstborn characteristics or anything. I've always enjoyed your blog, but I have to say, it was a smart move to introduce Meredith into the script!

-- SJ