Friday, September 14, 2007

Mer and "Trara"

Meredith calls her little sister “Trara.” Clara doesn’t seem to mind. In fact, Meredith is quickly becoming her favorite person. Meredith can already make her smile faster than anyone else in the room.

Meredith is very affectionate and sweet toward Clara. The other day I saw Meredith stroking Clara’s head and saying to her, “Hi Trara! You’re so precious. You’re my sweetheart.” It was music to my ears. I hope they always love each other. They probably won’t on a lot of days. But I hope they can be lifelong friends. Having a sister is a gift from God.
______________

Last night while I had book club Kevin took Meredith on a “date” for ice cream. When she heard that daddy was taking her out, she said: “Let’s take our purses and go shopping!”

This morning Meredith came into my room and said, “Mom, go take a shower. You’re dirty. I need to watch Cinderella. Cinderella is my friend!” (I let her watch a video while I’m in the shower. Can you tell what her new favorite is?)

2 comments:

Megan said...

This far-away aunt is crying, "More pictures of Trara!" I want to see my girls! :)

Stephen, Sarah, Nora, Joseph and Isaiah said...

Nora will have to take some lessons from Meredith on gentleness. She has her sweet moments, but doesn't quite get the "baby is fragile" concept. She's going to get a surprise when he's big enough to lay on her right back :-P