Monday, September 24, 2007

Dear Good Food, I Miss You

Lately I’ve really missed cooking nice meals. I love quality food, fresh ingredients, and complex flavors. Really decent dinners have been hit and miss lately—it’s been hard to find the time to be consistent. Hopefully my life will get saner soon because my taste buds are going on strike.

Friday night was a really low point in our family cuisine standards. Kevin had class until late. I decided to take Meredith to the park at 4:30 since none of us had been outside all day. So, I figured we’d just make grilled cheese or something quick for dinner. When we got home from the park, hungry, I discovered that our loaf of bread had some mold on it. So, we ended up having grilled cheese on hamburger buns. Blah. As I sat there flipping grilled cheese on hamburger buns, I tried to be cheerful about our prospective dinner but it was really hard.

When Kevin got home, I announced, “Welcome to my gourmet kitchen” and handed him this plate.


So, after this low point I decided I’d had enough and planned an entire week’s worth of really yummy food. Tonight we’re having honey baked chicken with parmesan zucchini chips. So far so good. At least I have the chicken thawed already.

My fingers are tightly crossed, and my taste buds are hopeful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sympathize with you!

the Joneses said...

I sympathize with Kevin :)

--DJ

Monica said...

The peppers are a nice touch:)

Carrie said...

AH! I HAVE to know your recipe for zucchini chips!!! Did you make them? Did you like them? Because I have zucs growing out of my ears and need new recipes!