Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wonderful Day, Wonderful World

I think I had one of the most wonderful birthdays ever yesterday. It was just one of those perfect days.

Kevin had me totally fooled—I didn’t think he had got me anything for my birthday because he’s been so busy. He asked me the night before (as we were going to bed), “Now, what did you say you wanted for your birthday again?” I told him not to worry about it, we would go to a nice dinner and that was all I wanted. The next morning he woke me up with a stack of presents, wrapped in paper I’d never seen before. That means that, not only did he go present shopping, he remembered to stop by Wal-Mart and get paper too. The only reason he asked me what I wanted, the night before, was to throw me off his trail. What an adorable brat!

The first present I opened was a CD I used to have, “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong. I say “used to have” because it was stolen out of our car when we were first married. Listening to the CD brought back many memories of wonderful times in my life.

More reasons why my day was good:

I ate chocolate for a mid-morning snack.

Meredith was especially delightful and obedient.

Even the mailman was good to me—he didn’t bring me any bills or bank statements to open, just fun stuff like cards and magazines and a package. Since when does that ever happen? (Never.) I love it!

Kevin came home early (which also never happens, unless he’s coming home to study), we dropped Meredith off at his parents’ house, and then went downtown for an evening of frolic, fun, and carefree abandon. I felt like a teenager again. (I have decided that I need to have a birthday at least once a month.)

We went to Morton’s steak house and then to see a movie. I won’t tell you what the movie was because you will think less of me. I knew it would be stupid going into it but I also knew it would make me laugh. And, yes, I laughed so hard I thought I was going to cry on several occasions. (Especially during the water slide scene. Now, if you go see it you’ll know what movie it was!)

Then we went to Starbucks for coffee and conversation which is, in my opinion, the best way to end an evening.

I need to have another birthday in March. Definitely.

9 comments:

Synconi said...

Lucky u! wel, @least sum1 in this world is happy.

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Jen said...

Happy birthday Amy!

You day sounded like HEAVEN!

The Johnson Family Adventures said...

Happy birthday! Wow--what a great day! February is a good month for a birthday, isn't it? :)
~Katie

Sandi said...

Awwww- that sounds like a great day! Happy Birthday, Amy!

the Joneses said...

Happy birthday, Amy! Obviously you picked a pretty good guy to celebrate with! (As if we were all in question about whether Kevin is a good husband...)

-- SJ

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun birthday! I know the movie in question because Will convinced me that we needed to see it....Hah yew doin'?

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday! What a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

!!!!!!!!!