Monday, February 19, 2007

Six Day Review

I now have a better idea of what it’s like to have twins. I’ve been babysitting a little boy from church the last six days while his parents have been in Mexico. Sol is probably Meredith’s best friend but I seriously doubt that she is his. I couldn’t believe how annoying she was to him when he simply wanted to be left alone. She wanted to play with him constantly, kept patting him on the back, and putting her face up to his. Whenever she had to go down for bed she made sure that “Sol go night-night too.” She just didn't want to miss out on any of the action.



I made brownies and strawberries for an early Valentine’s celebration on Tuesday because I didn’t think I’d see my man at all on Wednesday, the 14th. (He has classes from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Wednesdays.) Fortunately, it snowed like crazy on Tuesday night and classes were canceled. I LOVE BIG SNOWS!!! That was best present I could have had—time with my honey. Time with him is scarce these days ...




Kevin is the best husband and dad ever. He surprised me and Meredith with treats and cards at the table. Meredith went crazy over her stuffed dog and the chocolate. I thought it was sweet that he thought to make her Valentine’s Day so special too.





9 comments:

Rose said...

Hurrah for dads who bring their little girls chocolates too! (Speaking from personal experience.) It works out better for you too because now you don't have to share. =)

Anonymous said...

We want more pictures of you and Kevin!

Amy K said...

But, Aunt B, we are not the cute ones in the family. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't have your email address, so I just thought I'd leave a comment and say "Happy Birthday, Amy!" For some reason you came to mind and then I remembered that we shared the same birthday. Hooray for February 20th!
~K.Beall

Missi said...

Thanks for the encouragment you left on my blog. I know things will get easier/better over time, but its nice to be reminded of that.
Precious pics of Meridith and her friend and vday celebration!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Two toddlers for six days...you are brave! Happy birthday, if the rumor is true :0)

-Sarah

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Amy! Hope it is a good one. :) I was remembering yesterday the surfer-Mexican themed birthday Will and everyone threw for you back at the K's 6 years ago... How time flies!

Anonymous said...

Tuckster:

Of course there will be a treasure hunt! Since it was Amy's B-day, I'm guessing that Kevinicus planned an amazingly extravagant treasure hunt. You ever see Pirates of the Caribbean? It made that treasure hunt look like a walk in the park!*


*Kevin played the part of Johnny Depp.

Anonymous said...

Dead Man's Chest?