Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Out and About

Over the weekend our friends Kevin and Rachelle took us to the Indiana Repertory Theater and then to St. Elmo’s for dinner. We had such a great time with them and their friends, Nathan and Amber. We saw Shakespeare’s 12th Night. It was a really funny play—the acting was terrific and modern music and dance was interspersed. At first I wasn’t sure about the song and dance, but it quickly started to all fit together really well, and made the play more humorous. It’s amazing what people do with Shakespeare. Here’s a picture I stole from Kevin’s blog.

We also went to lunch on Sunday to the Iron Skillet for Grandma S’s birthday. I’d previously heard lots of talk about family gatherings at the Iron Skillet and now I can understand them, having experienced it myself. It was great because all 22 (yes, that’s twenty-two) of us, including three babies/toddlers were able to sit at the table together! The meal was like a holiday feast, with course after course being served. (I’m still full from eating that lunch.) I only regret that I didn’t bring my camera to take a picture of this memorable event.

2 comments:

swan said...

That is one good looking group of people!

Holritz Photography said...

It was so awesome hanging out with you guys!

:)

amber