Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Somewhere Else


I think I just figured out why I like snow so much—it makes me feel like I’m on vacation.

I grew up in a part of the world where I only got to experience snow if I escaped the city and went up to the mountains. Therefore, every time I see snow, I must surely be on a holiday get-away. Right?

So today, because the snow is beautifully falling outside my window, I am not sitting in my house. I’m somewhere else, in a cabin in the mountainous woods, experiencing a wonderful vacation.

2 comments:

swan said...

I totally agree about the snow! It's so clean, too. It covers all the ugliness underneath.

You want some funny snow video, go to my blog and watch Rachelle pogo-sticking in it. hahah http://www.kevinswan.com/slog

Anonymous said...

Your post made me laugh - I grew up with snow but no palm trees, so whenever I see palms, I am instantly on vacation. Now that I live in CA, I am planning to put a few in my backyard so I am always on vacation.