Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Post Trip

Some highlights …

I went shopping with Betsy and was educated on the newest shoe craze – it’s all about the wedge shoe, folks. If you don’t have a pair, you’re simply not “in.” (That means that I’m definitely “out.”) I do think they’re cute though – so, I’ll have to keep my eyes out for a deal.



We took Meredith to the beach – the second time for her. Her first time was in Oregon in April. This time, in So. Cal. in August, the temperatures were slightly friendlier. At first she was terrified of the waves and then, just when she started enjoying it, she began to shiver from the cold. (The Pacific is still cold, even in August.) She did really love the sand, though.





I spent most of the time at the beach boogie-boarding with David. He’s my favorite brother in the whole world! I borrowed Melissa’s boogie-board, which was bright pink and had a Barbie theme. I must have been the coolest person on the waves that day.



Christy and I went shopping in the downtown L.A. fashion district. Most of the vendors are wholesalers but there’s an alley with all retailers. I think a lot of it is hype, and overpriced – I wish I could’ve bought some of the clothes the wholesalers were offering, but I just simply didn’t want to buy 10 of one item. At the end of the day, however, I took home a few pieces of jewelry and a teal-colored dress that Christy says looks smashing on me.

My last evening there, I went, as David’s guest, to a roller skating party. His orthodontist who, incidentally, used to be MY orthodontist rented out a roller skating rink and told all his patients they could invite four friends. Since I, apparently, am on David’s A-List I got to go. While I was standing in line to rent my skates, they announced that they ran out of roller blades. So, I ended up with old-fashioned roller skates. It was just like the good ol' days! It was me and approximately ten million kids wearing braces out on the rink. We all had a good time. Oh, yes, and my mom skated too.

I took Meredith with me practically everywhere and whenever she was tired, she’d fall asleep on whomever, or whatever, object, she happened to be resting upon. Here is a picture, below, of her asleep on a bench at the Cheesecake Factory. She slept for two hours like this.



The trip was great – and, as much fun as I had, Meredith had the time of her life being carried around by Aunt Melissa practically every waking moment!

3 comments:

CABeachBlonde said...

Fun times! It's nice that Meredith has/will be/been :) able to explore your California with you. :D

Anonymous said...

So cute. :) Glad you had a great trip. How'd Kevin do his first week?

the Joneses said...

What a good little traveler Meredith was! You're lucky to have a sleep-anywhere child.

-- SJ